Thursday, April 30, 2009

Few Thoughts and a Calendar


The air combed my hairs, hugged me, held my hand, filled my heart with joy and touched my soul. Loneliness can make your senses more sensitive I guess.
I liked standing on the upper deck, walking peacefully on bridge wings, staring endlessly at the never ending sea, letting the air touch my soul again and again. I stood there almost every day. I thought of the same thing almost every day.
My life at sea was barely more than a few thoughts and a calendar. A slash across the date was never so meaningful I guess.
I lived in very limited co-ordinates, though I was travelling the world. Life was a little dimensionless I guess.
I signed off after 6 months. Leaving something, you have lived with quite some time, was certainly never so pleasant I guess.

2 comments:

Soliloquy said...

NOSTALGIA...
yes the feeling was never so pleasant...but pleasant it was...in a way...we never loved to be there more...not even for more money...
slash across the date...a very strange practice...something i came across on the day one on board...and could never understand the psych behind it...
but yes the breeze on the highest point of the ship...the moon lit dark nights...the sun rays peeping out of the clouds...and the never ending blue garden...
yes the feeling was never so pleasant...
thanx for giving us back the days...we almost forgot...

Vikas Shrivastava said...

Yup I almost forgot too....and I think only we jahajees can connect with this one....