Friday, July 18, 2008

Power Cut

Just as I opened the door of my house, Power cut. Something has gone wrong with the main source. This source does not only provide energy to run the electric utensils but also provides the energy to run humans. I, being one of them, has come to a stand still now. It is like a state of complete rest. Not a single motion of body and thoughts. It is like a temporary death. Once the power will resume I will come to life again. This is how we are living now. But I live in a developed society, not in a village far away where you do not have backups. I keep my back up battery charged all the time to use it in such instances. Now I have got a temporary power to be active for another few hours. Temporary power or say temporary life. Once this temporary power finishes I will again come to a position of stand still. Complete rest.

The power cut from the main source was like a normal situation which I can not control but this power back up is something different. I always become very thoughtful in these times. It is like you know you are going to die after some time and you want to utilize that time in the best possible manner. So now I am standing at a very important junction from where I have to decide what to do in the next few hours to optimize my existence.

Move 1 – I thought of repairing the system so that there will be no more power cuts. No more temporary death. At least I will be living a continuous life. I guess this is the best possible solution of the problem. But at the same time it is really out of my approach. As I do not know anything about the system and never have tried to find out how it works. So for thinking of a solution in such a short span is really not feasible! This thought has come to my mind many times while in normal conditions but I never did my homework to be prepared.

Move 2 – After realizing this that I can not repair the system I accepted the fact that now I am alive for few more hours and then will be dead temporarily. I tried to put all my efforts to relax. I just wanted to stay calm and happy for that period of the time. Or should I say I just wanted to be the happiest. But contrary to my logic I found that no such term like happiest exist. I can be happy or happier than happy, but never happiest. So my quest to become happiest also ended and rather then relaxing, my mind continued wandering for other possibilities.

Move 3 – Let me tell you about one of my special friend ‘FUTURE’. This guy is just the kind of guys you will never see around. Always busy in something. And everybody says that he is not one of us. He lives in some other world. But he keeps coming to our world and goes back again. And whenever I talk to him he tells me something which is still to happen. Though I do not trust him fully, he always manages to tell me the truth. So I picked up my phone and called him. His phone was as usual busy. I got a bit anxious about my next 3 or 4 hours and his busy phone made me more desperate to know what is there in store for me. I thought it is better not to have friends like this. Who gives you a hope but never turn up in need.

Just at the time when I was not thinking about future or about happiness or about survival I found one interesting machine lying in one corner of my room. This is ‘Time Killing Machine’. This machine kills time. There are many ways to understand what it does but the simple most is that it will make you travel ahead in time. You can not go back now. Your time between these two points is simply killed. But if you think otherwise, what this machine is doing is killing future. Your future between these two points is also killed. So if you do not want to live that particular chapter in your life you can very well move ahead. Thinking more about it, I also come to a conclusion that this machine basically keeps you in your present by making it an option to kill your future. At whichever point you will be you will be in present. You will live present and if ou do not like it move to another present. Or you can say that this machine will make me unconscious about everything that is not present or make me more conscious about my present. My state of being! My self!

I used it. Because that seems to be the only solution of the anxiety! I could not just wait for the things to happen. All my time got vanished and I come to the state of power cut again.

I did not know when I came to life again. I entered the house and started life as usual. Eating, sleeping, working, enjoying but always worried about my future, about being happiest or about my existence!

One fine day I happened to notice that time killing machine again. Suddenly I could see the chain of events happened during the state of power cut. And I realized that this part of my life is similar to that part during power cut. I wondered how ignorant I am! How very forgetful and short sighted not to learn from my own past!

I then decided to kill all my time (read future). There is a catch in the situation. I can not kill all my time. I do not know the extent of it. So I did it with my own conscience. I decided to kill all my time by living in my present. I decide that I will live in my present, live with my present.

Today I live in present. I eat because I am hungry. I work because I love my work. I sit in between and feel all the velvety time I have not for any reason but because I like it this way.

No comments: